You need to rethink your WooCommerce checkout page template. So don’t be proud of your high traffic! Instead, take a look at your conversion rate. Here we have two statistics published from sleeknote:
- E-Commerce brands lose $18 billion in sales revenue each year because of cart abandonment.
- WooCommerce Checkout optimization can increase conversions by 35.62 percent.
So the risk of losing customers is lurking in you. But don’t panic. Because you’ll perfectly build your checkout page, and your revenue will increase. Of course, after reading this guide.
Templates are pre-designed checkout pages that you can utilize to make your checkout page quickly. The theme predefines your WooCommerce checkout template. But that doesn’t mean you can’t change it. You need to fit your template with your business and brand. You can find templates in the WooCommerce Theme Store and change your checkout page in several ways:
Removing or changing the order of the checkout page fields
Enabling several payment methods
Highlight checkout button
We will train all these cases in detail in the optimize checkout page section.
Key elements of a high-converting checkout
These key elements must be on the checkout page:
including product photo, quantity (replaceable on checkout age), final price, and product features (color, size, type, etc.).
Name, phone number or email address, shipping address, and postcode (only for physical products)
at least three common methods! And it is a good idea to include a picture of a credit card beside payment options.
* You should not get unnecessary information from your customers. You might have physical products on your WooCommerce or online ones (such as a downloadable file or an online service). In any case, you should get minimum information from them.
For an online service:
- Email address (It is the minimum information to keep in touch with them. Also, as a confirmation. That’s a relief!)
- Card information (unless one-click checkout)
For a physical product:
- Email address
- shipping address and postcode
- Card information (unless one-click checkout)
Other items like name, phone number, etc., haven’t got priority as much as they have.
Best WooCommerce checkout page templates and plugins
With this Add-on, you can change the colors, layout, labels, and fields of your checkout template. You can also create landing pages, and by using shortcodes, you can make checkout pages.
Here are some of the features the plugin offers:
- Optimized checkout page
- Optimized cart page PRO
- Trust symbols on the checkout page
- Instant field validation and feedback
- Shipping phone field
- Hidden optional fields
- Customer’s data saved automatically
- Skip completed steps with step review sections
- Ask for shipping address before billing
- Choose between multi-step and one-step checkout layouts
- Log-in without leaving the checkout
You can add custom fields to the checkout page that are related to the billing, shipping, or additional fields sections using Checkout Field Manager (Checkout Manager) for WooCommerce.
The core fields of WooCommerce can have their field types changed, removed, or rearranged using the plugin. You can select from the following field types: Heading, Colorpicker, Text, Textarea, Password, Radio, Checkbox, Select, Country, State, Multiselect, Multicheckbox.
The field types supported to include in the checkout are:
* File Upload
WooCommerce Checkout Manager provides a checkout manager with an intuitive user interface that allows you to customize checkout fields. You can edit the default fields (change labels, hide, or delete) or add new checkout fields using this single page checkout plugin. You can choose the order of the fields. There are numerous field types, including checkbox fields, date fields, and color picker fields (some of them exclusively in the PRO version).
These are key features:
- make the purchasing experience as flawless as possible for your users. Single page checkout is just 1 click away,
- remove pain points related to the checkout process,
- allow for delivery personalization,
- manage fields in WooCommerce,
- text fields in WooCommerce checkout,
- time picker in WooCommerce checkout,
- date picker in WooCommerce checkout,
- checkbox in WooCommerce checkout,
- color picker in WooCommerce checkout,
- file upload in WooCommerce checkout,
- manage fields in WooCommerce,
- add WooCommerce VAT ID number,
- add WooCommerce checkout fields,
- price per date,
- checkout phone validator,
- fixed price,
- add WooCommerce custom checkout fields.
Over 250,000 websites trust and make use of CartFlows, an all-in-one funnel builder and WooCommerce checkout replacement. It provides a selection of pre-made, simple-to-use templates that will market your goods and services for you.
It is a complete package that enables your website to start earning money on autopilot with a long list of features and free add-ons.
Here are the improvements CartFlows can apply to your WooCommerce checkout page:
- Express checkout
- Single or two-column layouts
- Real-time email validation
- Google address autocomplete
- New field interactions
- Field manager
- Coupon box control
- Order button control
- Order summary box
- Modern skeleton loader
How to increase the checkout page conversion rate?
To optimize your WooCommerce checkout page template and increase its conversion rate, just follow these steps:
Additional Checkout Options
In some cases, one-page checkout boosts the checkout experience for your online shoppers, decreases abandonment rates, and makes it as fast as possible. To implement this, you can use WooCommerce one-page checkout extension. This will enable you to add custom fields to the page. Customers can easily add, remove and change items from their carts. Display both product selection and checkout forms on one page.
Next Purchase Cart
You can use next purchase cart list when customers decide to abandon their cart. With MC Lists plugin, you have a full customizable option in the checkout page.
This button lets customers save their cart for later and complete the checkout process in another time. This also improves customer journey and checkout page UX.
Allow your customers to place addresses without an account. That has a great effect on your abandonment rate.
Direct checkout links
That will decrease your abandonment rate, which steers your customers to the checkout page. You don’t need to write codes; instead, you can use Direct Checkout for the WooCommerce plugin.
Enabling different elements
Adding star ratings and Testimonials
That will increase your customers’ trust. In addition, if your website viewers see that customers recommend your products to others, they’re willing to go through the checkout process rather than abandoning their shopping cart.
Privacy and policy
You can change privacy and policy text if you need to inform online shoppers of new privacy laws.
Add header to your checkout page
To avoid your customers getting lost, it is better to try a header on your checkout page. A practical idea is to show the whole process -from beginning to the end in a line that presents the customer’s level.
This option will encourage your customers to spend more. You can trigger free shipping for the customers who have purchased a specific amount (or more); for example, you can implement free shipping on orders over $150.
At least three payment methods
Set your checkout page, so your customers can pay by debit card, credit card, and cash on delivery. They are necessary when your online shoppers want to buy an expensive item or when they want to pay for large purposes. But be aware that you should pay transaction fees; you must purchase a point-of-sale device, etc.
Plugins like Fluid Checkout, Checkout Field Manager, and Flexible Checkout Fields offer customization options.
Optimize your WooCommerce checkout page to reduce cart abandonment and improve e-commerce performance. Do you have any question? Please share your opinions.