According to research by the byrand institute on 41 different studies about WooCommerce recover abandoned cart stats, the average shopping cart abandonment is 69.57%. In other words, you lose 695 out of every 1000 customers every month.
Don’t panic because, in this article, we will show you how to recover those 695 customers with the help of WooCommerce recover abandoned cart plugins.
You will read:
- Why do customers abandon their carts?
- 5 best WooCommerce abandoned cart plugins
- Three other plugins that reduce cart abandonment
- Bonus: Comprehensive checklist (checkout optimization guide to reducing cart abandonment)
Top 5 reasons customers abandon their carts
Let’s start with understanding the top 5 reasons customers give for abandoning their online shopping carts.
1. Extra cost
Unexpected extra costs such as shipping, taxes, and fees are the biggest reason. Nobody likes negative surprises with additional costs. To clarify, there is no more frustrating than being on the checkout page and not knowing how much you should pay for shipping.
Solution: Don’t charge extra for every step. For instance, you can calculate the average additional costs (shipping, tax, and fee) over the past year and add the average number to the price of the products. Therefore, when your customers see all prices at the first, they won’t feel bad anymore. in the video below, you can learn how to do it with google sheet and resolve this problem.
2. Complicated checkout process
About 87% of customers abandon their carts during the too-long or hard checkout process.
Solution: you have two options:
- Firstly, skip unnecessary fields of the checkout process.
- Secondly, use a multistep checkout page which shows the purchasing process: where they are and how many steps are left to complete. The multistep checkout process will recover the abandoned carts and increase your sales incredibly.
- Thirdly, and most importantly, reduce the purchase process time. As the purchase time decreases, people become more willing to finalize the purchase.
Bonus: You can use carzyegg, if you want to find out which field is mostly abandoned by customers.
3. Payment security concern
One of the important reasons for shopping cart abandonment is a lack of trust. 19% of customers abandon their cart because of that. And it’s fair enough. In other words, they don’t trust your website to put their financial information and they are afraid of paying money without any delivery.
- In this case, you have to build a trust bridge. How? By adding trust seals, you can prove that you are not Scammer. For instance, some important trust seals are:
2. Get SSL encryption to have that green part in your domain.
4. Website crash
You should not expect customers to stay and refresh your page to purchase something, right? The most common reason for WooCommerce abandoned carts is the lack of speed and loading.
Hire a professional team to check out your page and fix the problems anywhere and any time. For example, you can have someone in your company that checks out your website continuously. Give him/ her a high percentage of discount to complete the buying process till the end of the payment (even after that) to figure out all problems and crashes.
- Is all discount works?
- How many products can they add to their carts?
- Are they able to add new items when they are in the check out page?
- Does the website work well when they have lots of purchases?
- Did they receive your email after buying?
- Do all payment methods work?
The person has to check all the details to see if it works well or not. And if not, fix it as soon as possible. It is worth it to do it once a week in order to find out about website crashes and resolve them. As a result, your customers don’t close their shopping page because of website crashes anymore.
5. Payment method
Not having a different option for payment method harms your conversion rate. So with adding more options help your customers to choose their preferred option.
Solution: Add at least three methods for payment, methods like direct bank transfer, Paypal, and credit cards.
Remember more methods, more sales. because if customers have a problem with the direct transfer, they will try the Paypal method.
5 best WooCommerce abandoned cart plugins
In short, these plugins can keep track of customers who come to your website, add items to their cart, but then for some reason, they don’t finish the process of buying. So these plugins can notify and say, “hey did you forget something?” or sending some follow-up emails, offering coupons/ discounts, and … .
I know the percentage of abandonment is disappointing, but the good news is that with the help of these plugins, you can decrease the risk of losing your potential customers. There are many plugins for this need, but these 5 WooCommerce abandoned cart plugins are used more than others, get more 5 stars, and have more happy users. So we recommend you to forget those useless ones and focus on trying these 5 WooCommerce abandoned cart plugins to find out which one is the best for your business because they have different features.
If you are asking, does WooCommerce have abandoned cart recovery? Yes, fortunately, it has. This is a free recovery plugin for online shop stores. Besides, it’s the best choice for those who are looking for a way to make their lost customers back with an intelligent strategy.
- Automated email and manual email
- Able to use coupon code in an email
- Multiple email templates
- Email template segmentation
- Captured carts can be exported as CSV (spreadsheet)
- Option to manually subscribe for abandoned cart emails
- Email log
- Capture cart link click
- Delete new carts/ abandoned carts of the user when order is recovered
- Customize product info table
- Work with simple and variable product
Have you ever faced the problem that your customers are different, but don’t know how to separate them? It is what Autonomi does if you are still relying on blast emails alone to engage with costumes, or you have an automated system in place that sends personalized targeted emails and SMS based on their carts.
- Able to create focused woocommerce abandoned recovery campaign
- Intuitive cart abandonment analytics
- End automatically when customer finish carts
- Organized delay into your emails in minutes, hours and days
- Multi-channel sequence (email, SMS, and …)
- Three-part email series
- Captured information in real-time
- Personalized coupon name, expiry
- Incredible support
According to researches, about 30% to 40% of those who abandon carts will get back with the help of a well-timed organization email. Here Retainful plugin is like the 2 plugins above with some more options.
- Captured customers email in other situation (Exit-Intent Popup or when they add a new item in thor cart)
- Send single-used and unique coupon code
- Contains powerful email editors with drag and drop (adding logo, fonts, shop address, and…)
- Track Countless abandoned cart without any crash or additional load
- Limitless email recovery template
- As customers recover their cart, it won’t send the next email reminders
- Show your revenue and cart abandonment rate and value
- Add customer name and family by using shortcode
This WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery plugin will reduce your abandonment with its amazing feature. Above all, it has both free and premium versions.
The Most common WooCommerce recovery plugin is YIth. 60% of users will come back and finish their purchase with this plugin.
- Free choose to recover all user or only specific roles
- Save and recover carts of guest users
- schedule the automatic email sending
- Have email templates
- Unlimited coupons with different value
- Integrated dashboard to track recover
- Get notified every time they recover
- Supports WooCommerce Multi-Currency (WOOMC)
- GDPR compliant support
- Customize the content of the email
- A complete report of all abandoned carts (information, conversion rate, number of abandoned carts …. )
- Supported third party themes
- Language guaranteed: English, Dutch, Spanish, Italian and german
- Delete abandoned cart after specific
The premium version of the YITH WooCommerce recovers abandoned cart plugin has 3 different plans, starting from $79.99.
5. Abandoned cart reports for WooCommerce by Small Fish Analytics
This plugin tracks and captures the abandoned carts whenever customers abandon after adding items. So after a specific time (like 15 minutes), if they don’t finish their purchase, it’s marked as the “abandoned carts.”
- Show the IP address of the cart on a data page
- Notify any problem soon and assist the customers
- Simple and intuitive
- Incredible support
- Shows all information about “abandoned amount, abandonment carts, recovered amount, recovered carts, recovery rate”
- Have chart data
- Priority Support
- Delete and Toggle Carts
- Cart Location Details
We suggest you install these plugins one by one. Because sometimes happens that a WoocCmmerce cart abandoned plugin won’t work well on some websites. It all depends on your industry and your business. In this situation, you need to deactivate the plugin and install another one.
Complementary plugins for WooCommerce recover abandoned cart
As an online seller, If you only focus on these plugins, you lose the chance to double your sales. SO in this part, I will introduce 3 other plugins which are complementary to these plugins.
As we said, customers abandon their carts for so many reasons. One of the most usual ones is lack of money or time. Has it ever happened to you that you were looking at a website to buy a dress, then your phone rings and it distracts you for a minute, and you forget what you have been doing? Similarly, it happens to me a ton of times. Therefore, your store needs a plugin to stop this. This plugin is a wishlist.
So is a wishlist necessary for your WooCommerce store?
If you want to be successful in selling online, you need to install a wishlist plugin too. Because people can not buy your product in some situations. But when you implement the wishlist plugin, they will mark it and buy it when they are in their condition.
In addition, with the help of the wishlist plugin, you can:
- Get more loyal customers and know them,
- Instantly grow your sales,
- Send offers based on your users’ favourites.
2. Pop up and notification plugin
Customers abandon their cart because they don’t feel any scarcity and urgency. So you need to build them. How? By using some free and incredible popup plugins.
- Firstly, use scarcity and urgency in your copy.
- Secondly, place eye-catching popups with limited time offers, discounts, or coupons on your product page (show only once). It’s a great way to promote sales, and boost your conversions, and prevent cart abandonment.
- Thirdly, show your store is running low on quantities.
- The most importantly, show the demand for your product. letting people know how many people are viewing the product can also help create urgency.
3. Social share plugin
This one is the easiest and free chance to use on your website to increase your CRO. Do you remember what we said at the beginning of the article, trust bridge?
You can use your happy customer to build your powerful trust for others to share their idea and experience for buying products from you. Meanwhile, use one of these social proof plugins to share your happy customers’ photos and present them to others to decide better.
These plugins collect photos (that your customers send to you on Instagram or other social media) and share them on the product page.
FAQ about WooCommerce recover abandoned cart plugins
1- Does WooCommerce have abandoned cart recovery?
- Yes, there are so many woocommerce recover abandoned cart plugins that you can use. But we make it easy for you and gather the most popular and useful ones.
2- How do I find abandoned carts in WooCommerce?
- You can use some plugins to find your abandoned carts. For example, if you are looking for the statistic of abandonment, you can use the number 4 plugin, which will report everything.
3- What is WooCommerce cart abandonment recovery?
- A woocommerce cart abandonment recovery is a tool to retarget and remind your customer to come back and finish their purchase. In other words, if you are looking to increase sales without increasing traffic, this tool will help you. By turning your potential customers into buyers.
4- How do you recover an abandoned cart?
- In order to have more sales and decrease your abandonment rate, you need to find the problem and then look for a cause and the solution. For example, if your customer cannot purchase at that time, you can use a wishlist plugin to help them save their favorite and buy it whenever they want.
5- How does WooCommerce abandon cart work?
- Most of the plugins have the same strategies; above all, they use email marketing to drive customers back to the checkout page.
Comprehensive checklist: checkout optimization guide to reducing cart abandonment
In conclusion, you need to rethink your checkout process. We’ve provided you a comprehensive checklist that you can use to eliminate all the items that cause an abandonment cart. If you have a useful experience, please share it in the comments below so that we can add it to this checklist.