Sometimes your customers don’t want to buy a product, but maybe later, they decide to. As we know, one of the best solutions is the “wishlist plugin for WooCommerce.” About 40 percent of online shoppers are willing to use wishlists. But It isn’t easy to choose a wishlist from the best options that you can have.
You probably have many questions before choosing a wishlist plugin for your WooCommerce. Questions like:
- What is the best wishlist plugin for my WooCommerce?
- Which wishlist plugin has the most impact on increasing my site sales?
- Which wishlist plugin is easier to work with?
- Which plugin has more efficient features?
Do not worry at all because we know your concerns, and in this article, we compare the 5-best wishlist plugins. You can easily choose the appropriate wishlist plugin for your site by reading it.
What is a wishlist plugin for WooCommerce?
It is a plugin that lets your customers or visitors make a list of the products they have opted for. They can save it, return it later, and then finalize their purchase. If it was done correctly, it might reduce your abandonment rate! Without spending a lot to hire marketers, the wishlist is an effective way to lure your customers into purchasing!!!
From the customers’ viewpoint, a wishlist plugin is a tool that:
- Share: they share what they will buy and receive feedback from their friends.
- Time to think: they entirely haven’t made their minds about purchasing these items. They may need time to think about it more.
- Shopping experience: they suppose they will have a better shopping experience if they can save items they decided to buy.
- Cross-selling: they prefer you suggest some relevant or necessary items with the one they may be interested in.
- Attractive offers: They will be surprised if you offer a discount code or free shipping for products they are interested in.
Why do we use a wishlist plugin?
Why should you even pay for it (in case we choose a premium version)? We have addressed the necessity of a wishlist plugin from the customer’s viewpoint. If you meet your customers’ needs properly, you can count on these results by using a wishlist plugin:
- Loyalty: it develops your website visitors into loyal customers and enhances a positive shopping experience for your shoppers.
- Increasing conversion rate: You are all struggling with a low rate of CTR. What is the solution? The first solution cross in mind is to hire some marketers. But, according to statistics, some wishlist plugins can increase your sales by up to 30 percent!
- Designing sales strategy: Identify mostly listed items (popular products); thus, you can define your selling strategy properly.
- Increasing traffic: If the wishlist is shearable, it will increase your website traffic. Also, they come back to see their wishlist again or even share it on social networks with other people.
- Reducing loss: If customers want to buy some items out of stock -by adding them to the wishlist- it lets you notify them when the items are available.
- Indirect Advertisement: Your shoppers can share their wishlist on social networks to receive others’ opinions and consult to find which items best meet their needs. That is a free advertisement! And also, as we said before, you get more organic traffic.
6-best wishlist plugin for WooCommerce (table)
We have arranged wishlist plugins with several features. To get more details, refer to the explicit information about each wishlist feature right after the table. We also have explained each feature in detail.
If you want a wishlist plugin for WooCommerce, these are our offers:
- MC Wocommerce Wishlist
- ProductX: Wishlist Addon for WooCommerce
- TI WooCommerce Wishlist
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
- WPC Smart Wishlist for WooCommerce
- Premmerce WooCommerce Wishlist
Notice: If we don’t mention premium, it is also activated for the freemium version. We have abbreviated wishlist names to fit the below table.
What features should a wishlist plugin have?
1. Customer satisfaction features
|Customer satisfaction features||The best||Excellent||Very Good||Good||Medium||Weak|
|Help and Supports||MC||ProductX||TI||Yith||Premmerce||WPC|
It shows the plugin’s reputation! More installations mean it is more trustable. Of course, you should look at this number according to the release date of the plugin. Naturally, a new plugin has less installation, and this is not a reason to be bad. as we researched, The YITH wishlist has the highest installments because of mandatory installments with themes like flatsome theme and others, so It isn’t a good reason for selecting a product.
Live demo, Freemium version:
Before buying a pair of shoes and spending lovely bucks, won’t you give it a test? Indeed you do; the wishlist plugin is the same! It makes you confident to evaluate that plugin meets our needs practically.
All these plugins have a free version on the WordPress repository. So you can use this version for a while without any worries and get the premium version if you are satisfied.
It means if you find out that this is not what you are looking for, you can reclaim what you spend. While checking the plugin product page, pay attention to the number of guarantee days.
- MC WooCommerce Wishlist: 30-day money-back guarantee
- ProductX Wishlist for WooCommerce: Free
- Premmerce WooCommerce Wishlist: Free
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist: 30-day money-back guarantee
- TI WooCommerce Wishlist: 14-day money-back guarantee
- WPC Smart Wishlist for WooCommerce: 7-day money back guarantee
Help and Support:
Generally, in online services, you must receive support in time. As we said before, it is better to use a free plugin for a while. During this time, try to ask support questions and measure their speed and performance.
You can get support from the following methods:
- Send your questions to support in the WordPress repository
- Send an email inserted in the plugin website
- Send a message to the live chat on the plugin website
- Send support ticket for the website
For each plugin, you use, try to figure out its support methods and evaluate the performance of each method separately.
You should spend the money to use the wishlist plugin for one year (mostly). The price depends on how many sites there are and some additional options.
- MC Woocommerce Wishlist: $ 94.99/year
- ProductX Wishlist for WooCommerce : Free
- Premmerce WooCommerce Wishlist: Free
- WPC Smart Wishlist for WooCommerce: $ 29/ year
- TI WooCommerce Wishlist: $ 79/ year
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist: $ 94.99/ year
Why is it important to watch “The Godfather”(film) or “Breaking Bad”(series)? Because most people (especially movie lovers) watch it and recommend others, the wishlist plugin is the same. If the others are satisfied, you will be satisfied too.
It means the number of updates per month. It reveals how the designers (of the wishlist plugin) are likely to develop and trim it!
Heads up! Do not just look at the number of updates per month. More important than that are the changes made. A plugin may be updated soon, but all include bug fixes, but one plugin adds a whole new set of features each time it is updated. For example, the TI wishlist updates the plugin four times a month. But as mentioned earlier, TI wishlist updates include bug fixes. At the same time, the YITH wishlist plugin adds new features (which are also useful) in each 1-month update.
2. Technical features
|Technical features||The best||Excellent||Very Good||Good||Medium||Medium|
|Responsive and user-friendly||TI||MC||ProductX||Yith||WPC||Premmerce|
|Simplicity, appearance, and accessibility||MC||ProductX||Yith||TI||Premmerce||WPC|
It is crucial to browse and manage your customer’s wishlist from the admin panel. Learn what your customers wish and how popular their wishlists are.
Some essential analytical parameters are: views, popular product, number of wishlists, CTR, abandonment rate, number of items in wishlist, times a product was added to a wishlist, can see the number of selected products, most popular product that users added, etc.
Your wishlist plugin must be compatible with popular themes and plugins.
What we mean by customizability is:
- Customizable with different wishlist layout
- “Add to Wishlist” button: (customize its appearance, text, flash icon, shortcode for add to wishlist, add/remove icon, wishlist title, etc.)
- Able to search through public wishlists or popular wishlists
- Save the wishlist and download it in pdf format
- Manage wishlist by shortcodes and widgets
- Guests can create a wishlist(registration is optional)
Responsive and user-friendly:
It should be easy to work with a wishlist on mobile and stable on it.
Allows customers to share their wishlist with their friends for occasions like Christmas. They can share it on social networks to receive their opinions. It is awesome because it is indirect advertising. Some wishlist plugins have a share button.
Simplicity, appearance, and accessibility:
Some wishlist plugins waste your time by adding additional and unnecessary features and also distracting your users. As a result, instead of finalizing the purchase, your users be involved with different options on their list. Some examples of these unnecessary options:
- Multiple wishlists: Allow our customers to make a wishlist for several occasions, e.g., birthday, Christmas, categories, etc.
- Some additional managing features: make, remove, rename and define a new wishlist or
But instead, some features are necessary to achieve the ultimate goal. Like:
- Able to access the wishlist from the menu(directly),
- Add to and remove products from the wishlist easily,
- Easily change the quantity of an item
So do not be fooled by too many features. You must be careful and see which feature achieves the ultimate goal of increasing sales.
Because technical features are things you only adjust once and no longer deal with, you must be very careful about them. When choosing a plugin, remember what features are most critical to your industry and, of course, the goal of increasing sales.
3. Wishlist plugin marketing features
|Marketing Features||The best||Excellent||Very Good||Good||Medium||Weak|
|Ask for an estimate feature||Yith||TI||MC||Premmerce||WPC||ProductX|
|Send promotional emails||MC||TI||Yith||Premmerce||WPC||ProductX|
Ask for an estimate:
Users can send a final price for administrators, and the Reciprocally admin will answer if the price is suitable or not. When we ask for an estimate, we respect the shoppers we care about; send us an offer, and we may discuss it to reach a compliment.
It is a kind of effortless marketing. You can send a discount code or free shipping to users with a wishlist. Someone who loves the product and gets an offer will buy it. Without struggling!
Send promotional emails:
You can send customers a coupon to remind them what they had chosen in their wishlists and prompt them to buy it. It may offer free shipping or offer coupons, etc.
MC Wishlist is the only plugin that allows you to send email automation through the site. You can send email automation to users who have added a specific product to their wishlist.
To avoid wasting time, there are some email templates in this plugin (4 professional email templates written with marketing principles, copywriting, and FOMO techniques to increase sales).
- By TI wishlist, we have more authority over wishlist appearance. Its visual interface is adorable! But perhaps it makes us confused; because of its dull setting!
- MC wishlist has more advanced marketing tools and options. As it is developing, its freemium version is tempting! It has exclusive marketing features others don’t have, like bulk promotional emails according to a schedule, flashing buttons, etc.
- ProductX Wishlist for WooCommerce is not the best if you compared it with the other plugins. But it offers two types of simple wishlist features and it is completely free. ProductX is an all-in-one WooCommerce solution. It offers numerous features and various add-ons to expand the functionalities of WooCommerce stores.
- Let me be frank about Yith’s wishlist. Almost all its features are the same (even less than) as the TI wishlist, which is more expensive!
Use a wishlist plugin for WooCommerce: If you observe great eCommerce websites like Amazon; since they know it is important for a user, they have utilized wishlist features; e.g., Amazon has an “add to wishlist” button. Other e-commerce websites have options like “add to list” or “save for later.”
Give it a try: How can you choose the best wishlist plugin for your WordPress? All these plugins that we presented have a freemium version. Just download and give it a try! Then you can choose what meets your needs better. When you’re testing, you should ensure your wishlist is mobile-friendly. Because most of your customers use mobile phones to buy, pay attention to this feature (presented in the table).
The wishlist plugin for WooCommerce exclusive checklist