This documentation provides guidance on configuring caching settings for optimal performance of MoreConvert plugin.
Note: Consider adjusting these options only if you encounter issues; otherwise, there’s no need to modify these settings.
Why Adjust Cache Settings? #
When your site utilizes caching, it can impact the seamless operation of processes such as adding and removing products from your lists. Issues like incomplete additions, delays, or random removals may arise. Enabling the global cache setting can effectively address these challenges, ensuring a smoother experience for your users interacting with the plugin functionality.
The primary issue arises when caching interferes with the real-time processes of adding or removing products from your lists. This interference can lead to incomplete actions, delays in updates, or even random removals of products from user lists.
How to Enable Cache Protection: #
- Navigate to your MoreConvert Plugin Settings.
- Locate and click on “Global” settings in the left-hand menu.
- Within the Global Settings, find the “Caching optimization & Performance Improvement” section.
- Toggle “Cache Protection” option:
- Enable: Switch the toggle to “ON” to enable caching for lists tables.
- Disable: Switch the toggle to “OFF” to disable caching for lists tables.
Remember, this option will only have an impact if you are using a caching system on your server or a caching plugin for your WordPress site.
Filter for Manual Cache Exclusion #
For users who manually exclude list pages from caching settings, a filter is available to disable caching specifically for these pages.
- Access your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to “Appearance” and select “Theme File Editor.”
Note: Ensure that you have a backup of your theme before making any changes. Modifying the theme files directly can have consequences if not done carefully.
- On the right-hand side, locate and click on “functions.php.”
- At the end of the
functions.phpfile, add the following code snippet:
add_filter( 'wlfmc_is_page_cache_enabled', '__return_false' );
- Save the changes.
This filter ensures that pages excluded manually from caching (via plugin or server settings) remain free from caching, improving the loading speed of list pages.
The provided filter addresses a specific scenario where users manually exclude list pages from caching. By implementing this filter, you enhance the loading speed of these manually excluded pages, contributing to an overall improved performance