Suppose a product is wrong in the user’s wishlist. What can you do if you do not have access to the user? The best thing to do is change user’s wishlist info using WordPress user switching.
The User Switching plugin for WordPress is a useful tool that allows admins to switch users in WordPress between different user accounts without logging out. This can be particularly handy for testing purposes or for quickly checking on something from another user’s perspective.
In this post, we’ll go over how to install and use the User Switching plugin, as well as how to switch back to the admin account. All to figure out how to edit users’ wishlists.
Install WordPress User Switching Plugin #
To install the WooCommerce User Switching plugin, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress site as an administrator.
- Go to the Plugins menu in the WordPress dashboard.
- Click the “Add New” button.
- In the search field, type “user switching” and hit enter.
- The User Switching plugin should appear in the search results. Click the “Install Now” button.
- Once the plugin has finished installing, click the “Activate” button.
User Switching in WordPress Wishlist Plugin Without Logging Out #
In this guide we are using MC Wishlist as it has great integrity with the User switching plugin. To switch to another user account without logging out, follow these steps:
- From the WordPress dashboard, go to the Users menu.
- Find the user you want to switch to and hover over their name.
- A “Switch To” link should appear. Click this link
- You will be logged out of the admin account and logged in as the selected user. Now easily switch users in wordpress.
- At this stage, you can enter the user’s wishlist page by clicking on the wishlist option.
- On this page, you can remove any product you want from the user’s wishlist.
Also, to add or remove products, you can enter the products page and click on the add to wishlist button for the product you want. If you want to remove it, click on the remove from wishlist button.
How to Switch Back to Admin Account #
1. Using Toolbar #
To return to admin mode, just go to the toolbar section and hover over the account, and click on “Switch back to admin”. This is the easiest way to back switch users in wordpress.
2. From WordPress Dashboard #
To return to the admin account through the dashboard, first go to the dashboard and click on the notification at the top of the page as shown in the image.
3. From Login Page #
If you enter the login page after switching the account, you can also return to the admin account from this section.
The User Switching plugin is a useful tool for admins that allows for quick and easy switch users in wordpress between user accounts without logging out.
To install the plugin, go to the Plugins menu in the WordPress dashboard and search for “user switching.”
Once the plugin is installed and activated, you can switch to another user account by going to the Users menu and clicking the “Switch To” link next to the desired user.
To switch back to the admin account, follow the same steps and select the admin account from the Users menu.
To manage users’ wishlists with the WordPress User Switching plugin, you must switch to the desired user’s account through the users page. Then add any product you want to the user’s wish list or remove from the user’s wish list from the wish list page or the products page.
That’s it. I hope you completely learn everything about WordPress user switching and how to edit users wishlists in your WooCommerce store. If you have any idea, don’t bother to ask. we’re here to help.